CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
INDIGENOUS YOUTH CONFERENCE 2019
“Empowered Youths for Achieving SDGs”
3-5 February 2019, Sylhet
Organized by: Kapaeeng Foundation
Deadline for Application: 26 January 2019
Kapaeeng Foundation, a Human Rights Organization for Indigenous Peoples of Bangladesh, presents the Indigenous Youth Conference 2019 on the specific theme “Empowered Youths for Achieving SDGs”, which is open to indigenous students and youth all over the country. The conference will take place at BRAC Learning Center Sylhet, Tamabil Road, Pirer Bazar, Khadim Nagar, Sylhet, Tel: 0821-2870360 on 3-5 February 2019. The conference focus here is on understanding structural conditions, representations, experiences and meaning, as well as practices youth indigenous individuals and communities themselves.
OBJECTIVES OF THE CONFERENCE
The main objectives of the Conference include:
- To strengthen the capacities of indigenous student/youth organizations on human rights instruments and institutions, human rights lobby and advocacy, and globally emerging issues (including the Land Rights and the SDGs) related to protection and promotion of the human rights of indigenous peoples.
- To strengthen communication, coordination, networks and solidarity among different indigenous student/youth leaders in Bangladesh.
- To aware indigenous youths on the indigenous values and governance system.
- The primary target group of the conference is indigenous youth leaders (aged between 18-30) affiliated with indigenous student/youth organizations of Bangladesh and those who are making differences individually.
- Students/youth leaders with long term commitment to work for the cause of indigenous peoples’ rights will be given preferences.
- Indigenous student/youth leaders from the farthest behind indigenous communities and females are especially encouraged to apply.
- A filled application form, which can be downloaded from the Kapaeeng Foundation website (http://kapaeengnet.org).
- An updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) with a referee name and contact details.
By January 26 2019, an application form along with an updated CV of no more than 2 pages has to be forwarded by email as an attachment. Email address: [email protected] . All applications must be received by Kapaeeng Foundation by 26 January 2019. Successful candidates will be contacted via email or phone after the deadline.
All the expenses related to the Conference will be covered by the organizers
- Conference materials
All inquiries should be addressed to the following details without any hesitation.
House # 23/25, Salma Garden Apartment, Road # 4, Sheikertek, PC Culture Housing
Block # B, Mohammodpur, Dhaka, 1207
Phone: +88028190801, 01717689410
Email Address: [email protected]
Please find the Download: