Call for applications
“INDIGENOUS YOUTHS FOR INCLUSIVE SOCIETY AND INSTITUTIONS”
National Indigenous Youth Conference 2020
14-16 March, Cox’sBazar
The National Indigenous Youth Conference 2020 will take place from 14-16 March 2020 in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh. The event is being hosted by the Kapaeeng Foundation.
The theme of the said conference is “Indigenous Youths for inclusive society and institutions”. Indigenous youth could play crucial role to establish an inclusive society. Keeping that in mind the conference will discuss issues related to inclusion, diversity, leadership, networking, youth empowerment, employment and role of youth for upholding the rights of marginalized people. Further, issues related to SDGs will also be discussed with great importance.
This conference will facilitate to flourish young talents and explore innovative ideas of indigenous youngsters that has potential benefits for the indigenous communities as well as country as a whole.
Objectives: During the conference all participants will gather to address and call for action on the following objectives:
- A network of young people from indigenous communities across the country empowered to share experiences and exchange ideas on active youth participation for inclusive society and institutions.
- To strengthen communication, coordination, networks and solidarity among different indigenous youths in Bangladesh.
- To create an inclusive indigenous youth participation platform that enables young indigenous people to review the progress on the achievement of Sustainable Development Goals.
- To share ideas, experiences and innovative approaches for effective implementation of the Sustainable Development Agenda with special focus on Indigenous Peoples.
- To aware indigenous youths on the indigenous values and governance systems.
- An indigenous youth aged between 18-30.
- Students/youth with long term commitment to work for the cause of indigenous peoples’ rights.
- At least studying in the bachelor degree level
- Indigenous student/youth from all indigenous groups living in Bangladesh can apply.
- Having affiliation with indigenous student/youth organizations of Bangladesh and those who are making differences individually for the community will be given priority.
- A completed application form, which can be downloaded from the Kapaeeng Foundation website (http://kapaeengnet.org).
- An updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) with a referee name and contact details.
The deadline of submission of application for the conference is 5 March 2020. The application has to be submitted along with an updated CV at this Email address: [email protected] Successful candidates will be contacted via email or phone after the deadline.
Participants for the conference will be selected based on their application and submitted documents. Ethnicity, gender and geographical locations will also be considered during the selection process.
All the expenses related to the Conference will be covered by the organizer.
- Conference materials
For any query please don’t feel hesitate to contact us –
House # 23/25, Salma Garden Apartment, Road # 4, Sheikertek, PC Culture Housing
Block # B, Mohammodpur, Dhaka, 1207
Email Address: [email protected]