CALL FOR APPLICATION
Internship Opportunity at Kapaeeng Foundation
Job Type: Volunteer
Job Duration: 4 months
Reports to: Volunteer Coordinator
Deadline: 2 December 2019
Kapaeeng Foundation was established in 2004 to work for the protection and promotion of the rights of indigenous peoples in Bangladesh. The vision of Kapaeeng Foundation is to establish a society based on the values of justice, equity and freedom where human rights and fundamental freedoms of indigenous peoples are ensured.
- Enhance the understanding of Indigenous communities more deeply;
- Increase knowledge and understanding the essential elements related to indigenous community development;
- Build and develop professional engagement to deal with the indigenous community issues;
- Develop communication and organizational skills.
- Respect for diversity
- Emphasis on indigenous people issues
- Goal-driven, hard worker, punctual, committed and team player indigenous youths.
- Interested to work for human rights issues of indigenous peoples.
- Must be an indigenous youth aged between 20-35.
- Must be fluent in at least one indigenous language.
- Holds a bachelor’s degree in law, social work, sociology, journalism, development studies and other relevant disciplines. In exceptional circumstances, the educational qualification of the candidate can be relaxed.
- Should be skilled in MS Word, Power Point, Excel and using internet.
- Fluency in English would be considered an advantage.
About Kapaeeng Foundation
The term ‘Kapaeeng’ is derived from indigenous Khumi language, meaning ‘Rights’. Kapaeeng Foundation is determined to promote and protect the human rights of the indigenous peoples of the country and to conduct advocacy, lobby and campaign program for the same at local, national, regional and international level. It provides its participants with the opportunity to hear human rights experts, professionals, as well as take part in hands-on activities, discussions, and field trips–all to inspire its participants to have a positive impact on the indigenous communities.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Fact finding, documentation and report writing.
- Conducting small-scale researches on thematic issues related to indigenous peoples, writing reports and presentation of the findings.
- Organizing events including trainings, seminars and conferences.
- Participate in events organized by the Government, international organizations, CSOs and community organizations.
- Supporting Kapaeeng Foundation’s program and project teams carrying out their activities.
- Carry out day to day clerical office duties.
How to apply
Kapaeeng Foundation, a human rights organization of indigenous peoples in Bangladesh, is looking for motivated and hard-working indigenous youths (female/male) for a number of internship positions(unpaid) for a period of four months. Interested candidates can submit their updated CV with a cover letter at [email protected] by 2 December 2019.
Helena Talang Hiramon
House # 23/25, Road # 4, Shekhertek, PC Culture Housing
Mohammadpur, Dhaka – 1207
Phone: + 880 02 8190801, Mobile: +880 01924536626
E-mail: [email protected]
Females and indigenous youths from marginalized communities are especially encouraged to apply